Visa Regulations

The Visa Waiver Program (ESTA) allows citizens of the participating countries to stay in the United States for up to 90 days without a visa, provided that they meet all requirements.

Do not come early to the appointment - maximum 15 minutes before the visa interview date.

The purpose of the trip and a number of other factors determine the type of visa to be applied for. Each applicant must prove that he/she meets all the requirements for the requested visa category. An overview of different visa categories can be found in our directory of visa categories.

A traveler from another country wishing to enter the US must first apply for a U.S. visa, which will be pasted into the passport (issued by the country of the passenger's nationality).

Some travelers have the opportunity to enter the United States without a visa if they meet certain conditions. This section of the web page contains all information regarding a U.S. Visa.

(Note: US citizens with dual nationality do not need a US visa. They should use their American passport to enter the United States for traveling abroad, possibly a visa is required, which is then issued by the embassy of the country)

The United States Department of State is handling the processing of visa applications with great care and fairness to best protect the United States.

Non-immigrant visas are intended for permanent residents outside the United States who wish to stay for a limited period of time as tourists, for business, for medical treatment, for work or study in the United States. The type of visa to be applied for depends on the purpose of the applicant's trip. For business trips to the US, please also check for visas for temporary workers.

Depending on the purpose of the trip, it may also be possible to participate in the Visafree Travel Program (ESTA). The "B" Visitor Visa is a non-immigrant visa for persons wishing to enter the United States for business purposes (B-1- consulting with business associates, attending a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference, settling an estate, negotiating a contract) or for private purposes (B-2 – tourism, vacation, visiting with friends or relatives, medical treatment, participation in social events hosted by service, social or fraternal organizations, participation in sports, musical or similar events or competitions by amateurs, if not being paid for participating, enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)) for a temporary stay.

See More